World Trout Initiative Grant
PatagoniaSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $15,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The World Trout Initiative funds only groups and efforts working to restore and protect wild, self-sustainable trout, salmon, and other fish species within their native range. This includes both indigenous fresh and salt water fish. We believe that the best way to accomplish this over the long-term is by ensuring that populations have high quality habitat and adequate stream flows, can migrate between habitats without human intervention, are not negatively impacted by hatchery and aquaculture operations, have protection from harmful non-native species and disease, and are not over-harvested.
We look for innovative groups that produce measurable results and work on long term solutions to root causes of the problem. Your efforts should be quantifiable, with specific goals, objectives, and action plans, and should include measures for evaluating success. Because we are a privately held company, we have the freedom to fund groups off the beaten path that base solutions on sound science.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We fund work that:
- restores native river, coastal, and salt water habitats
- ensures dedicated in-stream flows that mimic natural stream flows
- provides unassisted fish passage (without human intervention) to and from historically accessible habitat; we give priority to long term, low maintenance, and natural channel solutions
- fosters sustainable harvest techniques and eliminates irresponsible aquaculture, and pollution
- supports educational and scientific efforts in alignment with the mission of the World Trout Initiative
- Must be a non-profit organization doing environmental work.
- Project must focus on the root cause of the problem.
- Project must have a distinct action component with measurable goals and objectives.
- Must be a charitable organization working to protect threatened native fish populations.
- We do not create, fund or support projects that:
- have artificial rearing, hatchery or aquaculture operations
- promote or study human-assisted fish passage projects (e.g.,. trap and haul, fish elevators, barging)
- endorse artificial or non-native habitat enhancement or augmentation projects
- introduce or enhance fish populations not native to a particular body of water
- Project cannot:
- Solely be a general environmental education effort
- Involve land acquisitions, land trusts, or conservation easements
- Be primarily research based
- Funding cannot be for an endowment fund
- Support cannot be for:
- A conference
- A political candidate campaign
- A green building project
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the World Trout Initiative Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.