Open Applications: Local Community Grants
Suggest an update
US $250 - US $5,000
Dec 31, 2019
Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project:
Location of residency:
Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: Applications may be submitted at any time during this funding cycle, open from Feb 15 to the deadline above. Please note that applications will only remain active in our system for 90 days, and at the end of this period they will be automatically rejected.
Local Community grants range from a minimum of $250 to a maximum of $5,000. Eligible nonprofit organizations must operate on the local level (or be an affiliate/chapter of a larger organization that operates locally) and directly benefit the service area of the facility from which they are requesting funding.
Organizations may only submit a total number of 25 applications and/or receive up to 25 grants within the 2019 grant cycle.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations applying must meet one of following criteria:
- An organization holding a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3), or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code, listed on the IRS Master File and conducting activities within the United States
- (excluding nationally sponsored organizations, such as American Cancer Society, American Diabetes Association, American Heart Association, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way)
- A recognized government entity: state, county or city agency, including law enforcement or fire departments, that are requesting funds exclusively for public purposes
- A K-12 public or nonprofit private school, charter school, community/junior college, state/private college or university; or a church or other faith-based organization with a proposed project that benefits the community at large, such as food pantries, soup kitchens and clothing closets.
- Your organization and proposed program must directly benefit the communities within the service area of the facility to which you plan to apply.
- We do not make grants directly to individuals. Other areas that we do not fund include:
- Association/chamber memberships
- Athletic sponsorships (teams/events)
- Faith-based organizations when the proposed grant will only benefit the organization or its members
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Open Applications: Local Community Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.