Trout and Salmon Foundation Grant
Trout and Salmon Foundation
Deadline: Aug 1, 2022
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Fields of work: Fisheries Ichthyology (Fish) Freshwater Conservation
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity, Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Capital Project, Research
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United States
The Trout and Salmon Foundation is a 501(c)(3) foundation that was founded in 1969. The Trout and Salmon Foundation is dedicated to preserving native trout and salmon populations throughout North America by forming partnerships with local watershed organizations who share our passion for conservation. We are a volunteer organization whose board of directors works tirelessly to seek out worthy conservation organizations in need of matching funds for their projects.
The objective of the Trout & Salmon Foundation is to aid in the restoration or improvement of any trout stream, salmon fishery, and/or ambient stream conditions, through research, education, publication, and physical stream restoration which will result in improved fish reproduction, fish growth and survival, or expansion of the trout/salmon fisheries by way of offering financial assistance for specific projects. All grants will be on a matching fund basis, although on-site labor by the recipient organization may be recognized in some cases.
The Trout and Salmon Foundation provides annual matching grants up to $5,000 for an individual project.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The mission of the Trout and Salmon Foundation is to preserve and enhance the trout and salmon resources of North America.
- The Foundation seeks partnerships with local watershed organizations that are directly engaged with habitat improvement and restoration in order to fund projects that improve and expand trout and salmon habitat.
- The Foundation has limited resources and places higher priority on projects that physically restore or enhance streams and fisheries habitat.
- Grant proposals to cover research, education or project management are given lower priority.
- We value projects in which our grants can serve as a catalyst for other sources of funding, including volunteer labor, and donations of materials and equipment, as well as other funding sources.
- We seek to diversify our grants to a variety of watersheds and regions.
Find similar good fit grants?
See for yourself how we help our customers save 3 hours a week and find new grant opportunities by trying Instrumentl for 14-days free.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”