The Jane Deming Fund Grant
Orange County Community Foundation
Predicted deadline: Apr 15, 2022
Grant amount: US $3,000 - US $6,000
Fields of work: Music Music Education Symphony/Orchestra
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Capital Project, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Orange County, California
Location of residency: United States
Our mission is to encourage, support, and facilitate philanthropy in Orange County. Since its inception in 1989, OCCF’s generous donors and its Board of Governors have granted more than $300 million to charitable organizations. We partner with donors and nonprofit organizations to cultivate a thriving culture of philanthropy in Orange County.
Jane Deming Fund - Background and Purpose
The Jane Deming Fund is a permanent endowment at the Orange County Community Foundation. This grant program reflects Jane Deming’s commitment to charities located in Orange County that are producing, participating in, performing or supporting musical activities, or musical education. Due to her passion to improve the lives of under-served youth and her love of classical music, special consideration will be given to programs that:
- Involve stringed instruments
- Provide tuition for music camps and workshops
- Purchase musical instruments for promising music students
- Produce musical performances reaching new or under-served communities
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants must be nonprofit public benefit corporations exempt from federal income taxes under Section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Codes, because they are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Applicants must be located in, or have programs operating within, the service area of the County of Orange and/or its incorporated cities, or have a majority of clients residing in Orange County.
- Applicants must operate without illegal discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
- If you are a previous or current OCCF grantee, all reporting requirements must be current or your organization will not be considered for funding.
- Grant funds may be used for:
- Implementation of a new program
- Continuation or expansion of a program, if able to document history of compelling, quantified impact
- Personnel, facility, supplies, equipment, and other direct expenses essential to the project
- Community outreach/publicity to targeted clients
- Staff or volunteer training
- Indirect costs, but an explanation must be provided justifying the need
- Organizations who are applying for funding through the same year Robert and Doreen Marshall Fund for Dramatic Arts and Classical Music will not be eligible for consideration.
- Grant funds may not be used for*:
- Annual fund drives
- Underwriting or sponsoring social or special events
- Telethons, or similar fund-raising activities
- Debt retirement or budget deficits
- Academic or scientific research projects
- More than 25% of organization annual budget
- Endowment campaigns
- *These are generalities and are true in most grant-making situations. However, OCCF will make exceptions when appropriate and after discussion with the applicant organization.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders to Orange County Community Foundation by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“After entering my search parameters, I always have useful, accurate, and well-organized results [with Instrumentl].”