Sun Club Sustainability Grant
Green Mountain EnergySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $50,000 - US $400,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas Show all
Location of residency: Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Advancing Sustainable Communities
Since 2002, we’ve been empowering local communities with sustainability solutions. Through nonprofit partnerships and sustainability grants, we’ve delivered projects promoting renewable energy, energy efficiency, resource conservation and environmental stewardship.
Invest in nonprofits to advance sustainability for people and for the planet.
All communities achieve long-term sustainability, with the quality of life and environmental resources necessary to thrive.
If you’re a U.S.-based nonprofit looking to make a positive environmental impact and you want access to a network of sustainability experts, it’s time to plant seeds of sustainability in your community.
Eligible Sustainability Initiatives
In addition to supporting rooftop solar installation projects, we've expanded our mission to support other sustainability initiatives that include but aren't limited to:
- Clean Transportation
- Education and Awareness
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy
- Resource Conservation
- Sustainable Agriculture
We’re open to new, creative ideas from nonprofit organizations interested in utilizing and promoting sustainability initiatives.
Selection Process - Impact Measurement
We measure environmental, social and financial impacts:
- Environmental impact calculations consider how the project is more impactful for the planet than the alternative.
- Examples: CO2 prevented (renewable versus traditional generation methods), miles not driven, gallons of water conserved, green space created, pounds of waste diverted.
- Social impact calculations assess how the project will elicit change in the community.
- Examples: results of an email or newsletter story about the project, number of students impacted through curriculum, attendee numbers on sustainability tours.
- Financial impact calculations assess how the project will save your organization money, and how those savings can further support your mission.
- Example: a solar array would save your organization $2,000 per year, resulting in 100 more meals distributed to the homeless or 30 more children receiving free tuition.
Donation amounts depend on a number of factors, including evaluation of the environmental, social, and financial impact of the donation. Past donations have ranged from $50,000 to $400,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be nonprofit organizations with programs benefiting communities where Green Mountain Energy Company does business, which includes specific ZIP codes in the following states:
- New York
- New Jersey
- Organizations must hold three years of current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3), (4), (6) or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applicants will be expected to provide three years of 990s, along with a W-9 to verify nonprofit status.
- Nonprofits should have the following financial history:
- $250K in annual revenue per year for the past three years
- $100K raised through public support
- The Sun Club does not provide funding for:
- For-profit entities
- Political organizations
- Religious organizations
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sun Club Sustainability Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.