Shubert Foundation: Arts Related Organizations Grants
The Shubert FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Oct 17, 2019 3:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The principal goal of The Shubert Foundation is to support not-for-profit, professional theatre and dance companies in the United States. The program areas of Arts Related Organizations and Education are smaller than those of Theatre and Dance and necessarily limited. The Shubert Foundation awards unrestricted grants for general operating support, rather than funding for specific projects.
Grant Programs: Arts Related Organizations
Some organizations that help support the development of theatre and dance are eligible for funding. Grants to these organizations are based principally on an assessment of their work, as demonstrated by past and current performance. Impact, administrative strength and fiscal stability are factored into each evaluation.
Criteria range from the general to those specific to each applicant; they include:
- Record of artistic achievement
- Impact of the organization and its programs
- Record of developing new work
- Other significant contributions to the field
- Administrative strength
- Ability to generate both earned and contributed income
- Fiscal stability
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded exclusively to US organizations, which must have current 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status in order to be eligible for funding.
- The Foundation provides grants only to organizations that have an established artistic and administrative track record, as well as a history of fiscal responsibility.
- The Foundation does not make grants to individuals, nor does it provide funds for project support, audience development, direct subsidy of reduced-price admissions, conduit organizations (agencies that disburse funds to individuals or other organizations), renovation projects, loans, capital or endowment campaigns.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Shubert Foundation: Arts Related Organizations Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.