Shell Foundation Grant
Shell Oil CompanySuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Shell is a leading oil and gas producer in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, a recognized pioneer in oil and gas exploration and production technology and one of America’s leading oil and natural gas producers, gasoline and natural gas marketers and petrochemical manufacturers.
Shell makes monetary grants to nonprofit organizations within the U.S. Priority consideration will be given to organizations in or near communities where Shell Oil Company or its affiliates in the United States have a major presence.
Focus Areas for Funding
Shell will consider charitable contributions to eligible nonprofit organizations with priority consideration given to organizations serving in or near US communities where Shell has a major presence. Focus areas for funding are:
Focus on civic and human needs in the community while promoting healthy lifestyles, major and cultural arts that promote access to underserved students and communities, and disaster relief efforts. We fund a broad array of community outreach projects, particularly in areas where our employees work and live. These projects range from local neighborhood improvement efforts to regional non-profit organizations. We are especially interested in supporting groups that reflect the diversity and inclusiveness of our communities, which is a Shell core value.
Focus on energy awareness with special publics, increasing interest in technical careers among students and professional development in science and math among educators. We support K-12 programs that boost math and science skills, as well as university programs that aid engineering and geoscience students and departments. Shell funds projects at vocational and technical schools where chemical and refinery operators and technicians are trained. We are especially interested in supporting educational outreach in math, science and technology to women/minority students and academic institutions with ethnically diverse enrollments.
Focus on biodiversity initiatives with support to programs that restore critical eco systems, address water, air quality research, preserve wetlands and sponsor wetlands initiatives. As part of our commitment to environmental stewardship, we support projects that restore and protect critical ecosystems. In addition to restoration and preservation efforts, we fund research projects for threatened wildlife and/or habitats.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Shell supports a wide range of charitable organizations that are tax-exempt in the United States, under Section 501(c) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
- Generally, the purpose of the organization, event or program must be to provide goods or services for low-income and low-middle income persons in need, and the organization, event or program must benefit persons or communities served by Shell locations.
- Shell will consider charitable contributions to eligible nonprofit organizations with priority consideration given to organizations serving in or near US communities where Shell has a major presence.
- Shell will not consider contributions for the following purposes:
- Private Foundations
- Non-profit organizations without a current 501(c) exempt status
- Conferences or symposia
- Endowment funds
- Fraternal and labor organizations
- Capital campaigns
- Conferences, workshops, or seminars not directly related to Shell business interests
- Religious organizations that do not serve the general public on a non-denominational basis
- Organizations located in or benefiting nations other than U.S. and its territories
- Organizational operating expenses
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Shell Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.