Salt Lake City Youth Athletic Grant
The Community Foundation of UtahSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 21, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 19, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Salt Lake County, Utah
Location of residency: UtahView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Salt Lake City Youth Athletic Grant
Salt Lake City has partnered with the Community Foundation of Utah to administer scholarship grants to local nonprofit competitive youth athletic organizations. Our goal is to make competitive sports programs more accessible for low-income Salt Lake City youth by providing individual athletic scholarships through teams, clubs, and athletic organizations.
Awarded to youth athletic organizations that are local, nonprofit, and competitive to benefit low-income athletes residing within Salt Lake City Council Districts.
These grant funds are to be used strictly for individual scholarships for athletes participating in your program that reside in Salt Lake City Council Districts. "Scholarship" means base fees that are necessary to enable an athlete to participate in the program and enjoy full membership benefits that are available to non-scholarship athletes. Examples of base fees include: league registration fees, facility usage fees, uniforms, tournament expenses, etc.
The maximum award for each organization is $15,000 per year, and no more than $1,500 can be allocated to any one athlete.
If your organization applies for an receives a grant of $5,000 or more, the Community Foundation of Utah will require a dollar-for-dollar match. You can raise these funds from other sources, like donations from individuals or sponsorships from companies.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To qualify for this grant award you must:
- Be a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization or a Domestic Nonprofit Corporation registered with the State of Utah.
- Have a primary focus on providing not-for-profit competitive sports programming, either by having competitive youth sports as the only purpose of your organization, or by having competitive youth sports as a big part of your programming.
- Youth must compete against other individuals or teams in sporting matches and competitions operating at an advanced level of play to qualify as competitive.
- Only competitive sports programming will be considered.
- Demonstrate your commitment and knowledge of youth athletics.
- This means you can show that you have a history of running a youth athletic program, or are partnering with an organization to create a new program for a specific, underserved, group of young people.
- Show you can manage and administer the funds generated by the activity in a fiscally responsible manner.
- This means you have a way to keep track of the money and report to the Community Foundation of Utah and the City how the grant was used.
- Be able to continue offering the sport activity in an effective and consistent fashion throughout the grant year or sports season.
- If the sport is seasonal (like skiing) please let us know in the application.
- Your organization must carry and provide proof of liability insurance.
- Although this is not a requirement, it would be helpful if your organization has the ability to add to these funds with others raised by private donations or with potential additional funds from Salt Lake City.
- Religious and governmental organizations are not eligible for these funds.
- Recreational and/or instructional programs are not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Salt Lake City Youth Athletic Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.