Safeway Foundation - Denver Grants
The Albertsons Companies Foundation
Grant amount: US $500 - US $5,000
Fields of work: Academic Success & Enrichment Education - K through 12 Cancer/Oncology Health & Medicine Disability Care & Services Military & Veterans Services Food Access & Hunger Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, South Dakota, Counties in Wyoming: Albany County, Campbell County, Converse County, Laramie County, Natrona County, Platte County Show all
Location of residency: Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, South Dakota, Counties in Wyoming: Albany County, Campbell County, Converse County, Laramie County, Natrona County, Platte County Show all
NOTE: We review applications quarterly; January, April, July, October. At the close of the application process, it typically takes us at least 8 WEEKS to review and get back to you.
Our Foundation supports causes that impact our customers’ lives. Our stores provide the opportunity to mobilize funding and create awareness in our neighborhoods through our employees’ passion, partnerships with our vendors and the generous contributions by our customers.
Carefully directing contributions, we work in collaboration with local organizations and seek to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve. We take pride in ensuring that the vast majority of the funds we raise stays in local communities and reflects what is important to our customers and employees.
About Our Foundation
The Foundation is made up of 12 brands – we are registered as the Albertsons Companies Foundation and do business as each of the 12 brands listed here.
The Safeway Foundation - Denver
Denver includes the following areas: CO, WY, NE, NM, and SD
We actively seek out organizations that are working with the community and making an impact for our shoppers.
The Safeway and Albertsons Foundations fund organizations that strengthen the neighborhoods we serve.
We support nonprofit organizations whose mission is aligned with our priority areas:
Health and Human Services
We believe that all people deserve access to essential human services and that the health of our community starts with the health of our neighbors. Therefore, we sponsor organizations that are engaged in medical research. We contribute to financing medical research programs that improve the lives of our neighbors, particularly those who traditionally have little or no access to care.
We focus, among other health-related causes, on Cancer Research and organizations that:
- Increase the number of patients enrolled in cancer trials
- Increase the number of patients who gained access to cancer preventative testing
- Increase the number of patients given access to alternative medicine for cancer
We believe that a cure will be found and that our careful allocation of funds will be a catalyst in the process.
As one of the largest grocery retailers in North America, we find that supporting hunger relief programs is a natural fit for us. We’re proud to be one of the largest contributors to food banks and hunger-relief programs in the neighborhoods we serve.
In addition, we are proud supporters of Hunger Is, a proprietary program working to eradicate childhood hunger in America. With 1 in 5 children in America, in our neighborhoods, not knowing where their next meal will come from, it is a big problem and we are well positioned to create a ground swelling of support to ensure that no child will go hungry.
In partnership with the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF), Hunger Is raises awareness, engages volunteers and raises funds to support innovative and effective programs throughout the country focused on ensuring every child in America has access to a healthy breakfast.
- Children in American are suffering. Our children. Hunger is robbing them of their childhood.
- For a child in America, possibilities should be limitless. We teach our children to aim high…to reach for the stars. The hopes for our future rest on our children’s shoulders; our continued prosperity becomes their responsibility.
Yet within the borders of our country, the limits of our cities, the blocks of our neighborhoods, the walls of our schools, a lack of nourishment is eroding our children’s potential.
That is not someone else’s problem. It is ours to solve. We can all do something to undo childhood hunger.
We will not let their opportunities to succeed be diminished by hunger. Empty stomachs will not determine who they will be and what they can accomplish.
Each and every one of us will take responsibility for the children who are hungry in our neighborhoods. They are our children. Yours and mine. They belong to us and we refuse to ignore a problem that has existed for so long in a country with so much bounty and excess.
Every boy and girl should be able to dream big and make those dreams a reality.
We will take ownership of hunger here. By investing our time, energy and resources, we can be part of the solution to end childhood hunger. We can fill bellies. Turn fear into hope. Opportunities to succeed will no longer be diminished by a problem that is within our power to solve.
We will do whatever it takes to assure that no child in America will ever have to say, “Hunger Is Me”.
Youth and Education
We believe that every student should have access to education that prepares them to succeed in school and life. We believe that investing in education creates a foundation for a better future for all of us. We support programs that encourage a child’s success in a safe environment and that foster learning in all subjects, including after-school activities as well as other interventions.
Our funding is specifically for K-12 education in schools and in out-of-school organizations that increase test scores, classroom performance and/or attendance.
We are proud to recognize the enormous sacrifice made by our Veterans, especially those who are injured while defending the freedoms we all enjoy. We are specifically focused on recent Veterans for post-September 11th conflicts. We raise funds and focus our donations to organizations working in our neighborhoods to:
- Support Veterans as they gain access to civilian employment
- Provide access to health care and support groups for our Veterans and their families
- Support the families of fallen heroes
Working with national and community-based organizations to reach our neighbor Veterans, we believe that their sacrifice and service should be honored and we aim to ease the transition back into civilian life.
Supporting Diversity and Inclusion of All Abilities
We believe that all people should have equal opportunity to live a healthy and full life, regardless of ability.
Over the years we’ve supported many organizations that transform the lives of millions of people with a range of special needs including the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Easter Seals, Special Olympics, and a range of community-based employment and job coaching organizations focused on serving people with disabilities. We fund organizations that:
- Provide access for children to ability-specific camps
- Help individuals receive specialty services
- Give people employment training and help to gain employment
- Provide people with care and treatment
We continue to fund organizations that assist our neighbors to live healthier lives and reach their full potential, regardless of ability.
We review applications quarterly; January, April, July, October. At the close of the application process, it typically takes us at least 8 WEEKS to review and get back to you.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We only support organizations with a valid 501(c)(3) designation from the IRS and schools recognized by the government.
- Organizations we fund must serve the community where we operate.
- To learn more about our operating area, view our online map at Albertsons.com.
- To Strengthen Your Application – Include an Employee Sponsor
- Typically, an employee sponsor is a volunteer, board member or someone who has been helped by your organization.
- If you cannot identify an employee in your ranks, we recommend you speak to your local Store Manager to see if they would be willing to sponsor.
- Although we would love to help everyone, the Foundation generally does not fund:
- Individuals or for-profit organizations
- Political organizations or activities
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Capital or building campaigns
- Advocacy programs
- Meetings, conferences or workshops
- Sports teams or athletic competitions
- Other foundations or granting organizations
- Fundraising dinners, galas, and events. We generally do not sponsor these events because the sponsorship is not fully deductible and because we prefer that our funds go directly to program services rather than offsetting event expenses.
Find similar good fit grants?
See for yourself how we help our customers save 3 hours a week and find new grant opportunities by trying Instrumentl for 14-days free.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”