Medical Research Grants
Rhode Island Foundation
Deadline: Oct 29, 2021
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Fields of work: Health & Medicine Infectious & Parasitic Diseases Cardiovascular Diseases & Systems Heart Disease Brain Injuries Cancer/Oncology Multiple Sclerosis Arthritis Diabetes Allergies & Allergic Diseases Show all
Applicant type: Research Scientist, College / University, Hospital / Clinic, Faculty, Doctor
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Rhode Island
Medical Research Fund
Nineteen funds at the Rhode Island Foundation support medical research:
The Foundation awards 10-12 grants of up to $25,000 each. The primary purpose of the grants is to provide support to new investigators as seed money or for pilot projects.
The Foundation encourages biomedical researchers throughout Rhode Island to apply for start-up grant support for laboratory, clinical and population-based research. In addition to general medical research (limited funding), areas of interest include infectious diseases, cardiac research, coronary artery disease, cerebral accidents, cancer, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, diabetes, allergies, and performance enhancing substances.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are provided to faculty at a Rhode Island academic or hospital institution during their first five years of appointment as assistant or associate professors and are one-time awards.
- Grants are generally awarded to MDs or PhDs who have a faculty appointment at an assistant or associate professor level at a Rhode Island academic or hospital institution and have not received substantial funding.
- Grants are provided for supplies and research animals.
- Please note: Applications will not be considered from organizations with overdue grant reports.
- Grants are rarely provided to senior investigators.
- Grants are not awarded to individuals in training, such as specialty training fellows or postdoctoral fellows, who do not hold faculty appointments at the time of initiation of the proposed research.
- The Foundation generally does not provide funds for permanent equipment, equipment maintenance, travel, or printing unless it is part of the research itself.
- In most cases, this program does not provide funds for salary support of the principal investigator.
- Due to the limited funds available, the Foundation does not cover charges for overhead by the applicant hospitals and universities.
- Only under unusual circumstances will a proposal for second-year funding be considered.
Find similar good fit grants?
See for yourself how we help our customers save 3 hours a week and find new grant opportunities by trying Instrumentl for 14-days free.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”