OK AEDP: Agriculture Event Grant
Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry
Next predicted deadline: Apr 1, 2022
Later predicted deadlines: Jul 1, 2022, Oct 1, 2022, Jan 3, 2023
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Fields of work: Agricultural Economics
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Oklahoma
Location of residency: Oklahoma
Age restriction: At least 21 years of age
Agriculture Enhancement and Diversification Program
The Oklahoma Agriculture Enhancement and Diversification Program provides funds in the form of 0% interest loans or grants for the purpose of expanding the state's value added processing sector and to encourage farm diversification. Funds, provided on a cost-share basis, must be used for marketing and utilization, cooperative marketing, farm diversification and basic and applied research. All funding proposals must clearly demonstrate the ability to directly benefit Oklahoma farmers and ranchers. Proposals are evaluated by a ten member Advisory Board with their recommendations for funding submitted to the Oklahoma State Board of Agriculture.
OK AEDP: Agriculture Event Grant
The Oklahoma Agriculture Enhancement and Diversification Program offers the opportunity to apply for an Agriculture Event Grant. Applicants should focus on creating or expanding an event that benefits and furthers the public interest in agriculture.
The Board is seeking applications that impact the entire state or a large geographic region of the state. Successful applications will prove an enhanced economic impact, increased participation and attendance, and include an educational component.
Applications will be considered on an individual basis and on their own merit. A thirty (30) minute presentation to the Board is required. The Board reserves the right to reject any grant application.
Funds must be used to produce alternative ag products or process and/or market Oklahoma ag products. Activities must create rural economic development, and indicate the probability of success.
Grants are available at the following levels:
- $2,500 or less: Economic impact of $5,000 or less
- $2,501 - $5,000: Economic impact of $5,000 - $75,000
- $5,001 - $10,000: Economic impact of $75,001 or more
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and shall reside and be a legal resident of Oklahoma.
- This grant is available to individuals or entities wanting to create or expand an agricultural event that benefits and furthers the public interest in agriculture.
- Principles should be individuals rather than a previously existing corporation.
- Those individuals must have some type of cooperative agreement between themselves that will ensure proper accountability for the proposed plan.
- Proposals must show an economic impact to the agricultural community.
- Applicants will be required to submit a letter endorsing the Event from a city or county government official or the local Chamber of Commerce.
- Preference is given to applicants whose:
- industrial and non-food production processes use ag products
- food, feed and fiber products and uses are innovative and add value to ag products
- applications demonstrate a high probability of job creation and return-on-investment
- proposals feature research that is innovative as well as commercially plausible
- proposals demonstrate a high probability of rapid commercialization
- projects demonstrate a commitment for funding from other private or public sources or from the applicant
- proposals center efforts on rural locales
- principals are individuals, a group of individuals, an individual on behalf of a group or corporations that meet the criteria set forth: to market a product or formulate or implement a marketing plan for products not marketed through existing cooperatives
- proposals must have potential to create additional income for the farm unit
- proposals must provide new, innovative plans for marketing the product
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders to Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“After entering my search parameters, I always have useful, accurate, and well-organized results [with Instrumentl].”