MJF Program Grants
Montana Justice Foundation
Deadline: Apr 30, 2022
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Legal Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity, Indigenous Group
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Montana
Location of residency: Montana
Since its inception, MJF has awarded nearly $7 million to scores of organizations across Montana. MJF grant funds provide essential legal help to those who would otherwise be forced to navigate our civil justice system alone. Our grantees help Montanans stay in housing, receive medical care, escape abusive and violent environments, and rebuild their lives on a path to health, safety, and self-sufficiency.
The purpose of Montana Justice Foundation Program Grants are to provide funding to qualified non-profit organizations committed to one or more of MJF’s charitable objectives, which include:
- supporting and encouraging the availability, accessibility, and quality of legal services, especially services to the vulnerable and under-served
- Increased public understanding of the law and the legal system through education
- Promoting the effective administration of justice
- Increasing public understanding of and access to alternative dispute resolution
Program Grants will provide general operating support for well-established programs that have a strong history of success in meeting the MJF’s charitable objectives. Organizations receiving Program Grants must demonstrate potential for strong leadership, well-defined organizational vision, sound fiscal management, and strong partnerships within their communities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The MJF may make grants to any organization or entity that is qualified to carry out the charitable objectives of the MJF.
- Priority will be given to organizations that provide legal services to low-income or disadvantaged Montanans.
- Additional weight may be given to programs impacting communities or areas of law with high levels of unmet legal needs.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders to Montana Justice Foundation by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“After entering my search parameters, I always have useful, accurate, and well-organized results [with Instrumentl].”