Mitzvah Fund for Good Deeds
Baltimore Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $250 - US $2,500
Fields of work: All fields of work
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Baltimore city, Maryland
Location of residency: United States
The Mitzvah Fund for Good Deeds, established at the Baltimore Community Foundation in 2012, is designed to provide mini-grants to nonprofit orgs. To facilitate their good works in neighborhoods and schools when funding from other sources is not available.
All eligible organizations are encouraged to apply!
The purposes to which Mitzvah Fund monies may be applied are broadly defined. Examples might include:
- $250 to a recreation center to purchase bats, balls, and bases for a summer softball league
- $500 to a senior center to purchase art supplies for activities for an adult daycare program
- $1,000 to an elementary school to purchase musical instruments for an after-school music program
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organization must:
- Have 501(c)(3) nonprofit status or a fiscal agent;
- Serve Baltimore City;
- Not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national origin, color, physical handicap, gender or sexual orientation;
- Have a total budget less than $250,000;
- Apply for a project whose budget is no more than $10,000.
- The Mitzvah Fund does not make grants for:
- Start-up organizations
- Capital campaigns, building construction, renovations or other capital projects
- Multiple years
- Institution of higher education
- Projects that do not serve the Baltimore region
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders to Baltimore Community Foundation by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“I'm a grant writer for a few different nonprofits and I've used FDO, FoundationSearch, GrantStation—
Instrumentl is my favorite.”