Interfaith Leadership & Religious Literacy Grant
Arthur Vining Davis FoundationsSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $25,000 - US $300,000
Next deadline: Aug 30, 2019 8:59pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Nov 8, 2019 8:59pm PST (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Interfaith Leadership & Religious Literacy
A focus on understanding among faith traditions in America reflects our founder’s principle that religious diversity is essential to civil discourse within a democracy and that leaders in all walks of life are more effective through an appreciation for the religious views of others.
Interfaith Leadership Grants
As our nation becomes increasingly diverse by all definitions, it is essential that leaders are prepared to model meaningful engagement among different faith traditions. Such leaders include those who serve in clerical roles as well as in civic, academic, business, professional, and nonprofit sectors. The Foundations are interested in supporting programs that prepare leaders to foster mutual respect for religious beliefs and traditions and that address the ways in which our multifaith society appreciates inquiry and magnifies the need for civil discourse.
Religious Literacy Grants
The Foundations are interested in programs that enhance public understanding of the religious beliefs and practices that shape America, both historically and in the present. Although we live in a country where many self-identify as having religious beliefs, studies show that a majority of the population lacks basic knowledge and understanding of major faith traditions.
Interfaith Leadership & Religious Literacy grant proposals will be considered in the following general areas:
- Higher education programs in interfaith leadership and religious literacy;
- Interfaith curriculum development in theological schools, private colleges and universities and programs with national impact;
- Interfaith issues in palliative care and end of life;
- Interfaith issues embedded in environmental engagement, stewardship and solutions.
Sizes and Types of Grants:
Planning Grants: Planning grants are awarded in the formative stages of planning key strategic project and pilot activities or for support of new models and methodologies. The Foundations will consider planning grant requests up to $100,000 from eligible 501(c)(3) organizations whose work aligns with our strategic philanthropic priorities.
Mid-size Grants: The Foundations will consider requests for support for grants with a range of $250,000 - $300,000 from eligible 501(c)(3) organizations whose work aligns with our strategic philanthropic priorities.
Transformational Grants: The Foundations, may, at some point in the future, consider invited grant proposals for amounts larger and more transformational in size and scope.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundations welcome grant proposals from non-profit organizations that seek to educate leaders in higher education, corporate leadership, journalism, and other professions in order to advance mutual respect for religious beliefs and faith traditions.
- The Foundations also encourage grants that contribute to a religiously well-informed public.
- The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations will not support scholarships, endowments and indirect costs greater than 5% associated with projects.
- We do not support grants to individuals and generally do not fund capital projects.
- In addition, direct service programs, such as housing services and food pantries, will not be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Interfaith Leadership & Religious Literacy Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.