HDF Community Impact Grants
Home Depot FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000 in in-kind support
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: You will receive a decision via email 4-6 weeks after submission. This application is scheduled to be open through December 31.
The Home Depot Foundation offers grant awards up to $5,000 to 501c designated organizations (recognized and in good standing with the IRS for a minimum of one year) and tax-exempt public service agencies in the U.S. that are using the power of volunteers to improve the community. Grants are given in the form of The Home Depot gift cards for the purchase of tools, materials, or services and are required to be completed within six months of approval date.
The items below should be considered before submitting an application:
We focus on serving veterans within local communities. Does your project benefit an individual, veteran family, or community of veterans? If not, is your organization providing support for diverse and underserved communities?
We feel strongly about empowering people to serve and give back to their community. How is your organization engaging the local community to better serve veterans in your community? Is your project volunteer friendly whereby you can engage people of all skill levels?
We engage organizations that are making a strong and lasting impact to their community. Will this project require continued support in the future? Is your organization prepared to continue with ongoing support as needed? How will you measure the impact and outcomes of this project?
Is your organization focused on ensuring ADA compliance and safety regulations are maintained? Whether your project involves community buildings, living facilities or individual homes this is the number one priority when it comes to rehabilitation or construction projects. Does your organization have policies in place to ensure volunteers are safe?
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant Guidelines
- Only IRS-registered 501c designated organizations and tax-exempt public service agencies (e.g. Police/Fire Departments) in the U.S. are eligible to apply.
- (Proof of this status will be required on the application in the form of an IRS Determination Letter, Form 990, or W9.)
- Grants must support work completed by community volunteers in the U.S.
- Projects must be completed within six months following notification that the grant has been awarded.
- Grants are solely given in the form of The Home Depot gift cards for the purchase of tools, materials, or services up to $5,000.
- Organizations who have received funding through The Home Depot Foundation’s Community Impact Grant Program must wait 12 months after notification of award before applying for additional grants through this program.
- Organizations must be in existence for at least one year.
- The Home Depot Foundation’s Community Impact Grant Program DOES NOT make grants to support the following:
- Nonprofit organizations that have been in existence for less than one year
- Churches and religious organizations whose improvement project primarily serves their congregation and not the overall community
- Scholarships or other direct support to individuals or families
- Fraternal, political, labor, athletic or social organizations, civic clubs, candidates or projects
- Fundraising sponsorship or prizes for events such as conferences, festivals, dinners, sports competitions, art exhibits, fundraisers (e.g. dinners, walks/runs/relays, golf tournaments and auctions)
- Requests for The Home Depot’s Kids Workshop kits and/or aprons
- Capital campaigns, endowments or endowed chairs
- Film, music, television, video or media production projects or broadcast underwriting
- Goodwill advertising or marketing
- Any other support that does not meet the IRS’s definition of a charitable purpose.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the HDF Community Impact Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.