DPLCF: Community Impact Grants
Dayton Power & Light Company Foundation
Deadline: Oct 1, 2022
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Economic Services & Development Art & Culture Workforce Preparation & Job Readiness Poverty Alleviation & Services Diversity & Inclusion
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Ohio: Auglaize County, Butler County, Champaign County, Clark County, Clinton County, Darke County, Delaware County, Fayette County, Greene County, Hardin County, Highland County, Logan County, Madison County, Mercer County, Miami County, Montgomery County, Pickaway County, Preble County, Ross County, Shelby County, Union County, Van Wert County, Warren County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Ohio: Auglaize County, Butler County, Champaign County, Clark County, Clinton County, Darke County, Delaware County, Fayette County, Greene County, Hardin County, Highland County, Logan County, Madison County, Mercer County, Miami County, Montgomery County, Pickaway County, Preble County, Ross County, Shelby County, Union County, Van Wert County, Warren County Show all
The Dayton Power and Light Company Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation established in 1985 to invest in our communities and contribute to the improvement of the overall quality of life.
The DP&L Foundation focuses its contributions in the following strategic areas:
- Economic Development and Arts
- Workforce Development
- Poverty Reduction
- Diversity and Inclusion
The DP&L Foundation is the largest corporate foundation in the Dayton region in which every dollar is distributed locally. Grants are strategically focused at improving quality of life, enhancing sustainability of organizations, and engaging volunteerism in area partner organizations.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Requests for funding will be reviewed using the following criteria:
- Improving the quality of life for our community – is defined in many ways and each organization or event must describe how its efforts contribute to building prosperity and improving the quality of life in our communities which includes all residents, neighbors in need, businesses, and the environment. Grants are directed to local organizations for local needs, throughout the counties we serve.
- Enhancing the sustainability of the organization – each time DP&L Foundation supports a non-profit organization or event, our goal is for the organization to be more sustainable regardless of any ongoing financial commitment. Applicants must address this issue.
- Engaging DPL people in partner organizations – many of our people volunteer for and support partner organizations. We encourage you to try to engage our people. DPL tracks the number of our people serving on boards or who volunteer in other capacities.
- Applicants must also demonstrate how they meet these additional requirements:
- The organization must be an IRS-approved 501(c)3 or 509(a) (509(a) designation for corporate economic development grants only)
- Alignment with one or more of our giving focus areas
- Organization or program resides or benefits in DP&L's 24-county service area
- Program effectiveness, including demonstrated and anticipated outcomes and impacts
- Program feasibility based on organization staff, collaborations and organization/program budget
- Diversity and inclusivity of who is served by the program(s)
- In order to make a strategic impact with our donation dollars, we will not consider:
- Organizations without 501(c)3 public charity status from the IRS or classified as private foundations
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status or any federal, state or local laws
- National or state health organizations
- Organizations that only benefit a few people
- Organizations raising money for second-party giving to a non-profit
- Travel funds for tours, expeditions or trips
- School yearbook and/or calendar ads
- School or civic sports teams, events or supplies (t-shirts, etc.)
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders to Dayton Power & Light Company Foundation by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“I'm a grant writer for a few different nonprofits and I've used FDO, FoundationSearch, GrantStation—
Instrumentl is my favorite.”