Disaster Relief and/or Emergency Care for Puppy Mill Seizures
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Fields of work: Animal Welfare - Domestic Animals & Pets
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
This grant program is for nonprofit animal welfare organizations whose communities suffer the impact of natural or other disasters as declared by a State or FEMA, or for non-profit shelters who are supporting the care of dogs from a national organization (ex ASPCA, HSUS, etc) or a local animal control agency leading a puppy mill seizure. You may request up to $5,000 in funding.
Grants will also be considered for organizations that have not been directly impacted by a disaster but are helping another organization in need such as the rescue and/or intake of animals and for puppy mill seizures.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To qualify for Disaster Relief funding or emergency care funding for puppy mill seizures you must meet these guidelines for eligibility:
- Nonprofit organizations with an animal welfare mission or a direct relationship with an animal welfare organization that is leading all or part of the effort for disaster relief or a puppy mill seizure where you are providing intake, medical care and placement for these dogs.
- Have been directly affected by a recent disaster or emergency situation and/or are assisting in an affected area
- Grant funding can be used for:
- Medical supplies and veterinary care treatment for pets
- Pet food, pet supplies, including crates, etc.
- Temporary shelter or boarding costs for rescued or at-risk pets
- Other immediately needed materials including cleaning supplies, tarps, bedding, blankets, etc. to keep pets safe and comfortable
- Transportation costs to rescue or relocate pets
- Other expenses related to providing temporary shelter for rescued pets including overtime salaries, rental equipment or facilities, cleanup costs, etc.
- Clean up/rebuild efforts for an impacted shelter during a natural disaster
Find similar good fit grants?
See for yourself how we help our customers save 3 hours a week and find new grant opportunities by trying Instrumentl for 14-days free.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”