David, Helen and Marian Woodward Fund (Atlanta) Grant
David, Helen, and Marian Woodward Fund
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2022
Later deadlines: Sep 1, 2022
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Environment Education Art & Culture Religion & Spirituality Health & Medicine Animal Welfare - General Environmental Conservation Humanities & Social Science International/Foreign Affairs Civic Affairs Human & Social Services Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity, Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Capital Project, Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Georgia (US state) Other eligible locations: Alabama, Florida, Georgia (US state), North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee Show all
Location of residency: Preferred: Georgia (US state) Other eligible locations: Alabama, Florida, Georgia (US state), North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee Show all
About the Foundation
It was fitting — and only natural —
that, upon her death in 1974, Marian Woodward Ottley would establish by
Will, the David, Helen, and Marian Woodward Fund in loving memory of
her parents, and in her words, “In order to carry out their wishes and
mine in attempting to make this a better world for those who come after
Her Will created a distribution committee to direct the trustee to distribute income and principal exclusively to or for the benefit of non-profit institutions, corporations, and associations that are located in Georgia or one of its neighboring states and that are organized and operated exclusively for religious, educational, charitable, or scientific purposes. The fund also awards grants to governmental agencies.
Mrs. Ottley suggested that, in considering grants, the committee take into account the fact that during her lifetime the preponderance of her gifts to education and charity were distributed to institutions that had religious affiliations.
The distribution committee has attempted to carry out Mrs. Ottley’s wishes. It will continue to do so in an effort to make this a better world for those who come after her generous family.
As stated in the Will of Marian Woodward Ottley, the fund’s mission is “to make this a better world for those who come after us.”
- Arts, culture, and humanities
- Environment, animals
- Human services
- International/foreign affairs
- Public/society benefit
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The David, Helen and Marian Woodward Fund - Atlanta makes grants to qualified 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Grants are focused on capital projects and educational programs demonstrating enhanced graduation rates.
- Geographic limitations: Georgia or one of its neighboring states.
- Focuses on capital improvement and project grants with a priority toward educational institutions.
- Historically, preference has been given to organizations in Georgia.
- Committee does not fund annual program grants.
- All applicants are requested to wait at least two years from the date of any previous application or grant award payment before submitting a new proposal to the fund.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders to David, Helen, and Marian Woodward Fund by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“I'm a grant writer for a few different nonprofits and I've used FDO, FoundationSearch, GrantStation—
Instrumentl is my favorite.”