D'Addario Foundation Grant
Next deadline: Nov 30, 2021 (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Mar 31, 2022 (Full proposal)
Grant amount: Approximately US $2,500
Fields of work: Music Education
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
NOTE: Please keep in mind if you are applying for support for the first time, you must submit a letter of inquiry first before being invited to submit a formal grant proposal. Letter of inquiries are accepted on a rolling basis.
The D’Addario Foundation is a unique 501c3 non-profit grant-making organization providing monetary and product support to high-quality sustainable music instruction programs on the frontline to improve access to music education. We support programs that bring music back into communities and schools and get kids playing as early and as frequently as possible. The D'Addario Foundation believes in the transformative power of music and that mentoring and building communities through music can positively affect social change.
D'Addario Foundation Grants
Music education builds self-confidence, creativity, discipline and the ability to reconcile conflicting ideas. If your program is aligned with these beliefs and goals, we want to help.
The average dollar amount generally granted is approximately $2,500.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations are eligible to apply for support once per year.
- Although we primarily support private sector non-profit programs, if you are an existing in-school music program seeking additional support, you may still write a letter of inquiry. In most cases if a program qualifies, we are happy to recommend and forward your application on to the Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation, http://www.mhopus.org/ or the Little Kids Rock Foundation, http://www.littlekidsrock.org/.
- All new not-for-profit organizations must submit a letter of inquiry first before filling out a grant application. If you have received a grant award or product donation previously, it is not necessary to submit a letter of inquiry for continued support.
- As long as your organization fits within our mission and is a 501(c) (3) or the equivalent in your country, it is possible to receive product as a donation.
- We do not fund individuals, religious, veteran or fraternal organizations, telethons, benefits, or fundraisers, capital campaigns, endowments or building fund drives, political or lobbying organizations, vocal or piano programs, performances, songwriting workshops, drum circles, band boosters, or private schools.
- We prefer not to provide monetary support for the purchase of instruments, although we provide in-kind donations in the form of product accessories quite often.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders to D'Addario Foundation by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“After entering my search parameters, I always have useful, accurate, and well-organized results [with Instrumentl].”