Craig Newmark Philanthropies Grants
Craig Newmark Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Voting & Elections Technology Access & Digital Literacy Military & Veterans Services News Media & Communications
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Craig Newmark Philanthropies supports public charities that further our priorities of trustworthy journalism, voter protection, women in technology, veterans and military families. Specifically:
- Our trustworthy journalism and information ecosystem priority focuses on efforts that promote an honest press and counter disinformation.
- Our voter protection priority focuses on defending the Fifteenth Amendment. This work includes voter registration, legislation and policy, and improvements to the electoral system.
- Our women in technology priority focuses on national initiatives that are working to solve the gender gap in technology.
- Our vets and military families priority focuses on efforts that help vets and their families from a broad, national perspective. We typically fund local efforts indirectly, via the Bob Woodruff Foundation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Craig Newmark Philanthropies supports public charities in good standing described under Sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or (2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.
- We do not fund tech startups or individuals who are seeking assistance with their tech educations and/or careers.
- We rarely fund specific, often local, journalism outlets and efforts.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders to Craig Newmark Foundation by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“I'm a grant writer for a few different nonprofits and I've used FDO, FoundationSearch, GrantStation—
Instrumentl is my favorite.”