CPF ecoSolution Grants
Captain Planet FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $2,500
Next deadline: Jan 15, 2020
Later deadlines: Jul 15, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Captain Planet Foundation
The mission of the Captain Planet Foundation is to give the next generation of environmental stewards an active understanding and love for the natural world in which they live.
For close to twenty-five years, we have been activating generations of environmentally literate citizens empowered to protect and sustain the natural systems upon which all life depends. Through our four main program areas, CPF invests in high-quality, solution-based programs that inspire and teach youth to become collaborators and agents of change.
ecoSolution™ Grants (previously called “Small Grants”) have been the defining basis of Captain Planet Foundation’s work over the last 25 years. In that time, we’ve funded over 2,100 projects that have impacted 1.2 million youth around the world – actively fulfilling our mission to build the next generation of environmental stewards and change-agents.
ecoSolution™ Grants range from $500-$2,500 and are intended to support solution-oriented, youth-led projects that result in real environmental outcomes. ecoSolution™ Grants are available to educators working with youth in the United States (international projects are by invitation only).
Captain Planet Foundation grants are intended to:
- Empower youth by providing hands-on environmental stewardship opportunities
- Inspire youth and communities to become agents of change for their environment
- Serve as a catalyst for education that uses the environment as a context for applied and STEM learning
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicant organizations eligible for monetary support through Captain Planet Foundation must:
- Be based in the United States
- Be exempt from federal taxation under the IRS Section 501 (includes most schools and nonprofit organizations), or have a fiscal sponsor that meets this criterion
- Maintain an annual operating budget of less than $3 million
- Projects must:
- Be based in the U.S.
- Be solution-oriented
- Be project-based
- Be youth-led
- Result in real, demonstrable environmental outcomes
- Monetary support from CPF may be used for direct expenses associated with proposed projects.
- Preference is given to
requests that have secured match or in-kind funding commitments to support projects
- Funds may NOT be used for:
- Capital or building campaigns, purchase of real estate, or endowments
- General operating expenses
- Salary or contract services
- Beautification or landscaping projects
- Travel costs or field trips that are not an essential part of the proposed project (if included, identify the purpose of the field trip under “project activities”)
- Expensive equipment that can only be used once or by a few
- Promotional items such as t-shirts, flyers, postcards, etc
- Support for t-shirts, staff salaries, field trips, scholarships, beautification/ landscaping, etc. will NOT be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CPF ecoSolution Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.