California Goals: Education & Literacy and Health & Recreation Grants
Lisa & Douglas Goldman Fund
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000,000
Fields of work: Literacy Education - K through 12 Recreation
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Capital Project
Location of project: San Francisco County, California
Location of residency: Preferred: San Francisco County, California Other eligible locations: United States
Established in 1992 by Lisa and Douglas Goldman, the Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund is a private foundation committed to providing support for charitable organizations that enhance our society. As natives of San Francisco, the Goldmans place a high priority on projects that have an impact upon the San Francisco community. Within its grantmaking areas, the Fund strives to be responsive and flexible as well as to make informed and responsible grants to support qualified projects. We invite you to review the Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund’s newly stated Interests and Priorities.
Interests & Priorities - Education & Literacy and Health & Recreation
Education and Literacy
- Goal: Strengthen public education for grades kindergarten to 12 (Geographic Area: San Francisco).
- Advance education and literacy projects that support the strategic priorities of the San Francisco Unified School District.
- Support community-wide literacy projects.
Health and Recreation
- Goal: Promote healthy lifestyles and opportunities (Geographic Area: San Francisco).
- Foster youth engagement in sports and recreation activities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations are eligible for one grant (not including Annual Grants) per year from the Fund.
- In order to be considered for a grant from the Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund, an organization must be classified as a public charity and have 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service or have a fiscal agent with 501(c)(3) status.
- The Fund provides Annual Grants for general support to a specific list of organizations. Applications for annual support are not accepted.
- The Fund rarely provides support for 100% of a project’s budget.
- The Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund will not consider applications for support for:
- Books or periodicals
- Deficit budgets
- Production of documentaries and films
- Events or conferences
- Grants to individuals
Find similar good fit grants?
See for yourself how we help our customers save 3 hours a week and find new grant opportunities by trying Instrumentl for 14-days free.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”