American Humane Association: Second Chance Grants
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Fields of work: Animal Welfare - Domestic Animals & Pets
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
NOTE: Applications must be received no later than 6 months following the date of intake of the animal(s).
Second Chance® Grants
Financial assistance to help offset the costs of rescuing animals who are homeless or the victims of human cruelty
Every year, countless animals suffer deplorable abuse and
neglect. Often, local shelters and rescue groups are saddled with the steep
expenses of saving, sheltering, and caring for these animals in desperate need.
American Humane’s Second Chance grant offers financial assistance to help offset the costs of rescuing animals who are homeless or the victims of human cruelty. Our grant aims to advance and facilitate the lifesaving efforts that give animals a second chance at life when they have nowhere else to turn.
Due to the overwhelming number of abuse cases nationwide, the Second Chance® Fund is offered only in select cases of animal abuse or neglect. Funding is awarded on a case-by-case basis.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only animal sheltering agencies (public or private) and rescue groups are considered for the Second Chance® Fund.
- Applicants must be either Non-profit 501c(3) (e.g., non-profit agency, animal welfare organization, rescue group), or Municipal agency (e.g., animal control; county or city agency).
- Funding may be used only to cover medical procedures for animals that have been victims of abuse or neglect and require medical treatment before being placed for adoption.
- Spay/neuter surgery, if listed in the itemized costs of care, even if not medically necessary for treatment, are eligible.
- Medical procedures covered under the fund will allow animals to medically recover and live a relatively pain-free life.
- Animals involved can be successfully placed in new homes.
- Individuals, businesses and corporations are not provided for in the guidelines of the fund.
- Routine medical procedures — such as vaccinations, heartworm testing, behavior modification and/or training are outside the scope of this fund.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders to American Humane by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“After entering my search parameters, I always have useful, accurate, and well-organized results [with Instrumentl].”