American Daylily Society: Grants
American Daylily SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Sep 1, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
About Our Grants
A typical grant award to successful candidate(s) is no more than $5,000 for the calendar year; this figure might be increased for some projects. Two (2) renewals of the grant may be made for a total of three years of support, based on submission of a satisfactory annual report in September of each year. A contract will be written and an article for publication in The Daylily Journal will be required before the final installment is paid. The American Daylily Society does not cover indirect costs for research grant proposals. It is our intention that all money granted should go directly to the specific research project funded. Our financial support must be cited in any publications resulting from the grant.
All aspects of scientific research on Hemerocallis will be considered. Fundamental areas of investigation are encouraged; examples are:
- Banded chromosome preparations
- Gene mapping
- Fine structural studies of vegetative or reproductive parts
- Microscopic analysis of the ontogeny of flower scapes in the crown
- Effect of various hormones on plant growth and formation of proliferations on
Likewise, practical areas of study are encouraged, such as:
- Hardiness of various cultivars in different climatic zones
- Use of microtubule degradants (e.g., trifluralin, oryzalin, amiprophosmethyl) to produce polyploids
- Seed dormancy factors
- Pests and diseases (e.g., crown rot, spring sickness, bulb mites, gall midge, daylily rust).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- It is our intention that all money granted should go directly to the specific research project funded.
- Student research will be given priority but all proposals will be given serious consideration.
- The American Hemerocallis Society (AHS) does not cover indirect costs for research grant proposals.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the American Daylily Society: Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.