ALKERMES Inspiration Grants
AlkermesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 2, 2019 3:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Alkermes is pleased to announce a new competitive grant program. ALKERMES INSPIRATION GRANTS were developed to underscore our ongoing commitment to support the comprehensive needs of people affected by mental health and substance use disorders.
Through this initiative, Alkermes will award up to $1 million in grants for the development or expansion of innovative programs to support the mental health and addiction communities in two key areas:
- Improving or enhancing systems of care
- Integrating the perspective of people affected by mental illness or addiction into drug development or care delivery
Winning programs will be selected by Alkermes in partnership with a group of external reviewers who represent the perspectives of the community. These reviewers include a patient advocate, a representative from the criminal justice system, a person in recovery and a caregiver. Proposals will be evaluated based on a standard set of review criteria, which will include the quality of the application, creativity of the solution and the organization’s infrastructure and past program success.
The list below provides suggested program areas eligible for funding. Please note these are suggested areas only and may not in include all possible program concepts. We encourage you to be creative and innovative in your organization’s efforts to best meet the needs of the community.
Improving or enhancing systems of care
- Early intervention
- Stigma reduction
- Psychosocial support or evaluation of existing services (e.g., peer-based support, adjunctive behavioral
- treatment modalities, etc.)
- Caregiver support or evaluation of existing services
- Programs that link community services
- Transitional support, housing, employment or other wrap-around services
- Relapse prevention and recovery
- Innovative criminal justice programs
Integrating the perspective of people affected by mental health or addiction into drug development or care delivery
- Clinical trial education, operational enhancements and support services
- Development of new tools or resources to understand patient preferences
- Decision aid resources to support improved clinician/patient dialogue
- Training programs to enable patients or advocates to understand the drug development process and play a more active role
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only eligible 501(c) (3) non-profit organizations may apply.
- These include, but are not limited to, patient organizations and professional societies.
- Qualified non-profit organizations may apply for varying budgets not to exceed $1 million.
- Multiple submissions are permitted.
- We will not consider proposals that include any of the following exclusion criteria:
- Programs that reference Alkermes products or product candidates, or seek to measure the impacts of Alkermes products (programs that measure outcomes generally that are not tied to specific treatments may be considered)
- Individuals or a healthcare professional’s private practice, including entities associated with, or controlled by an individual healthcare professional or healthcare professional’s private practice
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, sexual orientation or disability
- Funding for events or programs that have already occurred
- Political organizations, campaigns or direct lobbying activities
- Religious organizations or groups whose activities are primarily sectarian in purpose
- Programs or proposals that supplement an organization’s income or offset its expenses in a manner that benefits, directly or indirectly, a healthcare provider’s compensation
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ALKERMES Inspiration Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.