Human Services: Advancing Innovative, Multi-sectoral Policy Solutions in Human Services
Kresge FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
We accept and review these proposals on an ongoing basis. There is no deadline.
Cross-cutting Area Overview
To provide greater pathways to social and economic mobility, we leverage lessons we’ve learned through our place-based opportunity ecosystems and NextGen efforts to work with key partners across sectors to address structural barriers and advance policy solutions.
Through our local, state and national partners, we pinpoint policy, regulatory and practices that impede moving people out of poverty and toward intergenerational cycles of success. We want to help these groundbreaking policy ideas enter the mainstream at the state and national level and encourage collaboration across multiple sectors, including the public, private, philanthropic and nonprofit sectors.
We invest in efforts that:
- Strengthen the functioning of existing human services public programs, systems and financing in ways that enable and accelerate greater social and economic mobility.
- Integrate racial equity and inclusion as key enablers of advancing social and economic mobility.
- Strengthen the functioning of existing programs, systems and financing in adjacent sectors (housing, early childhood education, workforce etc.) vital to increasing social and economic mobility using a racial equity lens.
- Advance policies that improve workforce development and education and training, that support meaningful career pathways and asset building and financial services
Advancing Innovative, Multi-sectoral Policy Solutions In Human Services
We welcome proposals from organizations that:
- Advocate for policies that foster greater collaboration among sectors and high impact approaches to human services
- Clearly articulate a community and audience engagement strategy
- Demonstrate application of research on outcomes based policy driven approaches
- Implement a highly targeted evaluation that can expand integrated, high impact practices in the human services sector
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who should apply?
- U.S. 501(c)(3) organizations with audited financial statements that are not classified as private foundations
- Audits must be independently prepared following Generally Accepted Accounting Principles or Government Auditing Standards.
- Financial statements prepared on a cash, modified cash, compilation or review basis do not qualify.
- Government entities in the United States.
- Who should not apply?
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Organizations that require membership in certain religions or advance a particular religious faith. (Faith-based organizations may be eligible if they welcome and serve all members of the community regardless of religious belief.)
- Programs operated to benefit for-profit organizations.
- We do not fund:
- Organizations interested in capacity building.
- Capital requests.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Human Services: Advancing Innovative, Multi-sectoral Policy Solutions in Human Services by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.